You May Have Insurance Coverage For Your Hearing Aids
With so many different insurance packages, policy riders, and supplemental coverages, figuring out what is covered by your policy and the level of benefits to expect can be frustrating. If you’re confused, you’re certainly not alone.
One of the most common questions we have to answer is, “Does my insurance cover my hearing aids?”
Since each insurance company has a variety of different coverage packages, plans, options, and supplements, there’s no easy answer to this question, and finding answers can be extremely time-consuming when you try to work out the small print! From experience, we find that some benefits cover only hearing assessments, while others cover you for the latest technology and our premium level hearing care.
When you need help for hearing loss, and you aren’t sure what your policy covers, the frustration might cause you to put off getting the hearing care assistance you need. That’s why South Shore Hearing Center includes an insurance specialist on our team.
Our insurance specialist has the expertise and experience necessary to navigate all of the ins and outs of most major insurance company policies as well as Medicaid, making it easy for you to find the answers to your questions and ensuring that you receive all the benefits to which you are entitled.
Eight Questions To Determine Whether Your Insurance Covers Hearing Aids
- Does my plan provide a benefit for hearing aids?
- If my plan does provide a benefit, what is it? How much does it cover?
- Do I have to meet a deductible and out-of-pocket amount before benefits kick in, and if so, how much?
- How often does my plan cover the cost of new hearing aids, or how often does it renew?
- Am I allowed to see the audiologist of my choice, or am I restricted to network practices/providers?
- Does my preferred audiologist or practice accept my insurance?
- Does my benefit cover the cost of a diagnostic hearing evaluation, or do I need a referral from a primary care physician in order for it to be covered?
- Can I choose the hearing aids I like best, or am I restricted to a generic brand/type?
Check Your Insurance Benefits
"*" indicates required fields